Saturday, June 25, 2022

Chapter Ten

 

Dad is still at it, exploring strange places in Riverview to find interesting new seeds and trying to catch all the different types of fish.

He doesn't let getting older slow him down any either.

When I say all the types of fish, I mean all the types of fish. I had no idea there was such a thing as a robot fish, but Dad caught one anyway. He says you can catch them in the river outside the science center, because they toss them in the river.

In my free time from school, I focus on my skills. I'll do whatever it takes to be successful in my career when the time comes. Thomas and I play chess a lot, and so far he hasn't beaten me once. Not to brag but I was able to pick up the guitar quickly too.

Mom and Dad insist we still make time for family meals, and with Mom's cooking I can't really complain.

Dad catches the food and Mom cooks it. That's how it's always been in our family, and I didn't realize until I was older that most people just go to the grocery store.

Mom tried to visit Betty at her new house, which is a super nice little townhouse, way better than our own old house, but she wasn't home at the time. Too bad. I would've liked to visit too and see her new digs.


Samuel is a little social butterfly. He's way more social than I was at his age. It's easy for him to make friends.

Dad was super excited about these latest fish he caught. The first one is a vampire fish he told me. That creeped me out, but the second one he caught creeped me out even more. He went fishing by the graveyard at midnight to catch these things too. Is he nuts?

Dad said he caught a deathfish. Creepy.

Betty decided to hold her wedding with Arthur at the Gazebo in true family tradition. Too bad it was winter at the time. I'm not sure how my sister stayed warm in that dress to be honest.

Mom was beside herself with happiness of course. She's always been so family-oriented. She's told me often that me and my siblings are the most important things in her life.

So yeah Betty and Arthur got married right there in the snow, and it was actually pretty sweet.

I provided the entertainment of course!

Finally, it was my time to become a full adult. Now I'd be able to get the job I've always wanted at the Doo Peas Corporate Towers. When I have my way, we're going to be swimming in the simoleons. No more scraping by, living hand to mouth with the help of the garden.

It's time to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter Twelve

  Mom and Dad are still madly in love. Honestly, I can only aspire to have a relationship as great as theirs one day. Thomas grew up into a ...