Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Chapter Eleven

I still love to jam out to my tunes. It doesn't really have anything to do with helping my career, but in this area I don't care. It's really fun, and I'm good at it.

Thomas grew up into a full adult like me, but he decided to stay around the house for a while until he figures out what he wants to do.

Ok, so no one is ever going to believe me, but I met an alien. He stopped by our house one night! Seriously, who knew aliens just did that? His name was....er, well I can't pronounce it, and I don't even really remember it.

But he was really interesting and told me all this stuff about being from another planet and having the technology to actually travel here from so many lightyears away.

No one in my family believed me about the alien. Typical. Mom and Dad decided to throw a gift-giving party, and that was when I first saw her. Betty Simovitch-Newbie, the source of many of my future troubles.

Uncle Rudy, Mom's much younger half-brother, came too. I've always thought he was the coolest.

Betty and Arthur came too, of course, and Mom and Dad were thrilled to see them. Everyone dressed very nice for the occasion, even Rudy, who I didn't think even owned a suit.

Samuel adores Uncle Rudy and gets along really well with him.

"So kid, you're gonna grow up and become a musician like me and your brother one day?"

"Duh!

"Get up on stage to thousands of adoring fans and get lots of groupies..."

"What's a groupie?"

"Uncle Rudy!" exclaimed Betty.

Dad and Betty spent some quality time together. Betty doesn't come over nearly enough, and we all miss her.

Everyone got a lot of really good gifts. It was most exciting for Samuel of course, being the only kid around. He definitely got spoiled.

All this stuff came from family and friends. Lord knows we certainly couldn't afford it all on our own.

Mom's taken to pinching Samuel's cheeks whenever she gets a chance, which I find hilarious, but Sam obviously hates.

I ran into an old school friend, Patricia Harrison. She's grown into a serious, ambitious person like me. Maybe when I get around to dating I might ask her out...

So I finally got the job at Doo Peas. I'm just a glorified gofer right now, but before long I'll be CEO you just watch.

Thomas is closer to Samuel than I've ever been. Good thing too, the poor kid is so much younger than the rest of us. I've always found him more annoying than anything, but good on Thomas for actually paying attention to the poor kid.

Speaking of which, he's not such a little kid anymore, which is good. It's kinda crazy to think about how old Mom and Dad were when they had him. Mom looks more like his grandma now than his mom. Sam immediately decided to grow a beard, which irritated Dad who believes men should be clean-shaven so that kinda got points in my book. Way to be a rebel, kid.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter Twelve

  Mom and Dad are still madly in love. Honestly, I can only aspire to have a relationship as great as theirs one day. Thomas grew up into a ...