Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Chapter Twelve

 

Mom and Dad are still madly in love. Honestly, I can only aspire to have a relationship as great as theirs one day.

Thomas grew up into a full adult. He decided to move out right away and find his own way in life. I'm especially going to miss him. Out of all my siblings, I'm the closest to Tommy.

So Mom especially has been pressuring me to find a special someone and settle down. She can't wait to have grandkids. The first lady that really caught my eye ended up being someone I never should have become involved with: Betty Simovitch-Newbie.

Yes, she's a lot older than me, but I couldn't deny the attraction. In the back of my head, I knew that this was wrong. She's married! But she seemed to be just as into it as I was. God, if my mom and dad ever found out about this they would kill me. They're so old-fashioned, Dad, especially. They both waited until marriage to do anything like this.

Like I said the chemistry was insane and it was real. It didn't take long for things to progress, too quickly as it turns out. My first time ended up being with an older, married woman.

In the moment, we couldn't stop, but afterwards we both regretted it. Betty didn't want to break things off with her husband for me, which I understand. Plus, she's a lot older than me. Things would not have worked out between us. 
 
Some awkward family time was had while I tried to gauge if anyone in the family had caught on to what had happened between me and Betty. Samuel is a teenager now by the way and still a real pain in the ass. I hate to say it but even though he's always been able to make friends easily, I have no idea how, because he has one of the most unpleasant personalities of anyone I've ever met. I still love him though, obviously; he is my brother.
 
Thomas didn't say anything to me, but when he moved out he had this sort of disgusted look on his face. I think he may have known about my tryst with Betty, and that kills me. Out of everyone, I don't want my brother to be disappointed in me like that. I promised myself I wouldn't do anything like this ever again. I'd be serious about dating.

I dated around for a while, but I never got involved with anyone who was in a relationship or married. And nothing seemed to click unfortunately. I just didn't feel that same attraction I'd felt to Betty, dangerous as it was.

Samuel continued to be a real pain in the ass, and man I really wished he would put on more clothes before yelling at me to take out the trash. 

"I'm the only one that does anything in this household," he grumped.

That was hilariously wrong, but it's pointless to get in an argument with him.

It was only when I went out on a date with Patricia Harrison, a friend from school, that I thought my love life might finally be turning around....

Dad had an attack of senility or something, because he flirted with Patricia right in front of me! I was humiliated and angry all at the same time, not at Patricia, but at my dad for being so inappropriate. 

Obviously, Mom was less than amused too. Dad didn't go further than any mild flirting, but it  was still a huge shock to all of us. Maybe he was starting to get dementia? He and Mom had always loved each other so passionately. Why would he risk it all to flirt with my potential future girlfriend? It didn't make any sense.

Mom forgave him, but she did banish him out to his perfect garden for a while. Dad's planted pretty much every plant you could think of, including eggplants, cheeseplants, steakplants, and burgerplants, which I didn't even realize you could plant! Out of all of Dad's plants though, my favorite is definitely the money tree. So simoleons really can grow on trees! Gardening can be useful after all...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter Twelve

  Mom and Dad are still madly in love. Honestly, I can only aspire to have a relationship as great as theirs one day. Thomas grew up into a ...